• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previous updates disappear after new updates

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share Robohelp with another user storing our completed files on a share drive.  My license is Robohelp 2017 na d the other user has Robohelp 2015.  When either of us submit updates, the other user's previous updates disappear.  Previoulsy this arrangement worked fine when both users had Robohelp 2015.  Do both user have to use the same version of Robohelp or is there something else that may cause this to happen?  Thank you   

TOPICS
Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You defnitely need to be using the same version if you're swapping projects back and forth. I don't recall RH having any ability to back-save to older versions, so even that wouldn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It  *might* work if you use only the most basic features and make sure you delete the .cpd file before you open the project. In a previous job (using the same version) we deleted this file if we had to work on a project that someone else had worked on. There's definitely a setting in RH2017 to automatically delete it (something like Clear the project cache on open) but I can't remember if that setting exists in RH2015.

But I feel like there were some fundamental changes in RH017 so I'd  really recommend that you're on the same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp