• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documentation in Robohelp 2017: Why are my topics being duplicated when I generate the output to Word?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am generating a file as Word using Printed Documentation.

However the word file has duplicated the topics and content so they appear twice instead of once.

I can't find the cause of it.

I'm using RH 2017.

Any ideas how I can resolve this problem?

Kind regards

Message was edited by Peter Grainge. RoboHelp 17 does not exist. Describing RoboHelp 2017 can make it more difficult for people searching for answers.

Also I have moved the thread. RoboHelp for Word is an old program that no longer ships. You are using RoboHelp to produce a Word document, not the same thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note the edits above.

Is this all topics or just some. A frequent cause is when a book has a topic linked and then the topic is in the TOC as well. That said, I thought Adobe had picked that one up some time ago.

I don't think I have seen any posts about all topics being printed twice. Is that what is happening?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes all the topics are being printed twice.

The TOC repeats itself as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What prints is what is in the TOC in the second page of the print layout.

When you create the print layout the first time, page 2 of the layout will show the contents of whichever TOC you selected in the first page. Thereafter the second page has no link. Thus you can pick a TOC in page 1, decide in page 2 to remove or add a couple of items and then continue.

What I suspect has happened is somewhere along the line someone has done something to add the books and topics shown on the left on page 2, typically by clicking the right pointing arrows. Perhaps as simple as clicking the arrow twice.

What you do now is clicking the left pointing double arrow to clear what is on the right, then click the right pointing double arrow once. If in the print you want to add or remove specific items, do that here. Then print again and it should be OK.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - I will give that a go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp