• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed Documentation Output with Condition Expression

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Robohelp 2019.0.8, I'd like to use Condition Expressions to generate PDFs each of a single topic or set of topics from a large project typically used to generate a Frameless static help system. This does not seem to be working.

From the Author view, I created a Condition Tag, applied it to a single topic by right-clicking the topic from the Contents list and selecting Apply Condition Tags. From the Output view, I created a Condition Expression to include using the Condition Tag. Then in the Printed Documentation Output, I selected the Condition Expression. When I generate the PDF, it includes everything, or at least much more than just the single topic.

Any idea how to make this work so I can maintain the content in one location only? 

Many thanks!

TOPICS
New UI , Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new UI, content is only included in the output if the topic is in the table of contents selected for the output preset. In addition, the condition expression then further excludes content from the output depending on the expression. Any topics in the table of contents that don't have any condition tag will be included in the output.

Also check whether the Include All Referenced Topics checkbox is ticked as this may include topics not included in the table of contents.

I think you're probably running in to the "topic is in the TOC but has no condition applied" scenario. In this case I think you have two options:

1. Apply conditions to all your topics. Whether this will work for you depends on how many different pdfs you need to generate.

2. Create multiple tables of contents and output presets, one for each pdf you need.

I don't know your full use case though, so post back with more info if I've misunderstood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much! I think suggestion number 2 will work perfect. I didn't realize that content is only included in the output if the topic is in the TOC. Many thanks for your quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp