• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printing topics from generated help does not retain the styles applied to the topic

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to print topics from the generated help was added in the new RH. But when I try and print the help topic, the content does retain the style applied to the help topic. It is printing in Times New Roman and none of my created styles are working. For instance, I created indented paragraph styles. Those paragraphs are defaulting to the standard paragraph. How do I set a style for printing that matches the formatted help content page?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

I logged a defect with Adobe RH-6643. They have confirmed this is an issue and they will fix it in an upcoming patch.

A work around is to resize the window to laptop mode (you no longer see the left navigation and the mini TOC), Ctrl+P and the CSS is applied to the topic. Not sure how to tell our client end-users this, but it at least retains the style sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about printing a topic when viewed in a browser rather than generating printed documentation? If so that has always been there as it is a browser feature.

I have not seen this problem so please clarify the scenario.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you mean when using the print icon in a skin? That's not new and I am not seeing your problem using that. Let us know more so that we can solve the problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am trying to print from within the generated help topic. In 2017 I had to do some customization to get the printing to work properly.

Here is what my help topic looks like in the generated help.

Help topic with style.png

Here is what it looks like when I try and use the print button. You can see it has removed all the formatting from my help topic.

Print help topic - no style applied.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried other browsers to print from and checked they have Print Background set. I just checked in Firefox and saw the highlighting not shown if that setting is not applied in File > Page Setup

Whichever browser you are using, have you actually printed or have you stopped when seeing the preview?

If that doesn't help, the skin does not look like one of the supplied skins. Please generate an output using say Azure blue and try with that. Does the print button there work OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with the new Frameless layout, not the classic layouts. I have not tried printing and I am not in the office today so I cannot try this until next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with the new Frameless layout, not the classic layouts.

The print option was there in Classic as well, all I was getting at was the ability to print a topic is not something new in RoboHelp New UI or its skins.

Hopefully where I have pointed you will resolve the issue next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I logged a defect with Adobe RH-6643. They have confirmed this is an issue and they will fix it in an upcoming patch.

A work around is to resize the window to laptop mode (you no longer see the left navigation and the mini TOC), Ctrl+P and the CSS is applied to the topic. Not sure how to tell our client end-users this, but it at least retains the style sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp