• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Probably a bug. default my document disk remains c:

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello while testing, I came along something strange.

Could find just made products in 'my document'.

My document is mapped to my d:users/me/documents/ (space reason of course) for several years already

whenever I create a new project in RH, RH stores it in c:users/me/documents

of course when looking for the freshly created project, you click on the 'my document' quick acces icon, and cannot find it.

How to change in RH the My document path? No other application uses C: for my document stored data....

I would prefer to not change this path manually at every project creation

best regards

Olivier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screen shots to explain what's going on? What version of RH are you running? Classic or New UI (RH2019)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is RH2019 new UI

Here below you see that my documents is on my D drive.

every new project uses c:users/me/mydocuments/

This induces errors (not finding a project can give you some sweat moments, I assure you 🙂

best regards,

Olivier

2020-03-20 12_54_21-Adobe RoboHelp 2019.png2020-03-20 12_52_54-Documents Properties.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see - looks like the NewUI has lost that old Classic feature to "remember" your last project's location folder - in my case, I use c:\projects\<project__name> as my default (to keep the path length down to a minimum). I suggest you log a request in the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/) and post the issue link here, so that others can vote for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll do that

thx

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this day it hasn't been picked up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug reports are not handled instantly. They are prioritised and built into future updates/releases.

What you have reported is technically a feature request as the New UI is designed to always go to your profile location. I would guess this is one that will get supported by Adobe but bugs that are preventing work will get priority.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, it's not honouring a re-mapped Documents folder (a built in Windows function frequently used in corporate environments). Instead, it's creating a new documents folder locally (where the folder is in a default Windows installation), so when you click on your Documents folder in Windows Explorer, you can't find the project because it's been created in a completely different place.

So I personally would count it a bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference in terminology is simply that I was taught that if something works as designed, it's not a bug. The fact that something is badly designed or not what some/all users want does not make it a bug, just so long as it does what the designer specified.

However, let's not get hung up on that. Help me to understand better. When you create a new project, by default it offers C:\Users etc so you have to change that to wherever you want it. Is that the extent of the issue or, as I suspect, there is something more to it? If so, what.

Could you not just add the new location to Quick Access?

I don't disagree that RoboHelp should have an option to point somewhere else by default but bottom line is I don't believe that will be the highest thing on the list of priorities and you seemed to expect a response/fix within days.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

you're right is it not a bug (no error in programming code). it is a conceptual error, not respecting a default defined directory, not following desing rules. I think you can call it whatever you want, it makes RH working in an unexpected way. And provocing many minutes of time loss for all users. If one defnines a default place for documents, use it in a first project, I think it is reasonable to expect this behaviour to repeat itself for every next project, and not stubbornly propose a NEVER used folder as next repository....

In my business this would be an urgent roadmap element. I suppose people looking in the tracker will decide in consequence and move it to the appropriate set of todo's

best regards,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp