Highlighted

Problem compiling help RH2015

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems compiling help into Microsoft HTML, and Reponsive HTML5, the two formats I use. As an experiment I tried Multiscreen Help, which annoyingly - since I don't use it - actually works, but at least I guess it tells me that nothing is fundamentally wrong. 

I can't think of anything I've done to break it, I haven't done anything on it for a few days since I last compiled.

CHMerror.PNGResponsive Error.PNG

I have no doubt I'm going to need to supply more detail here but where do I start?

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem compiling help RH2015

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems compiling help into Microsoft HTML, and Reponsive HTML5, the two formats I use. As an experiment I tried Multiscreen Help, which annoyingly - since I don't use it - actually works, but at least I guess it tells me that nothing is fundamentally wrong. 

I can't think of anything I've done to break it, I haven't done anything on it for a few days since I last compiled.

CHMerror.PNGResponsive Error.PNG

I have no doubt I'm going to need to supply more detail here but where do I start?

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a brand new HTML5 SSL?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry can you elaborate? I'm still a bit inexperienced with RH. I've tried clearing out the !SSL! folder if that's what you mean. I'm a little puzzled why only two specific output styles are affected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2019 0
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking there might be something messed up in your Single Source Layout definitions, so creating a brand-new one with a slightly different name and trying it may work. The other thing you might try - to rule out if it's the project vs. something busted in the software - is to try loading a sample project included with RH and try generating the same outputs in that project. If it works, then there might be something messed up in your project specifically. If it doesn't, then there might be something busted in the software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has worked for Responsive HTML, but not for the Microsoft CHM. Is there any further advice here?

I've got plenty of backups, and I've successfully compiled them today, so there must be a dodgy file in there somewhere, but which one to swap out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what part worked? Creating a new HTML5 layout?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I created a new SSL layout for both formats. HTML5 now works, I don't get the error message shown in the image on the right. However when compiling as Microsoft CHM, I still get the error on the left, despite having created a new layout for that too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the forum is misbehaving today when it comes to images - you may have to save them as files, edit your message and use the icon for inserting images to get them to show in your post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Robohelp has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

It always bugged on the same file. As an experiment I removed that file from the project,  and it bugged somewhere else instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it throw that same error when trying CHM generation with the sample project?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't throw an error running an older version of my project

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0