Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with TOC and mergedProjects

Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

we are converting our Webhelp to HTML5 Responsive Help. Everything with the layout works fine.

We have a Masterproject and several mergedProjects. The mergedProjects work very well when I start them alone,

but when I start the complete Project the TOC does not show where I am when I klick a textlink on one of the pages.

Does anybody know something about this issue? I didn't find an answer here.

We are working with RoboHelp 2015 (12.0.4.460)

and Windows Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

We are only using the desktop layout.

Thanks!

If that's the solution, I'd like my problem back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Yes my topic is based on WebHelp but as it says, the method is the same for HTML5 help.

Certainly it works better if you generate to the correct folders.

You say you are only using the desktop layout but if the user changes the window size, the layout can change.

Glad it is now working for you.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if it synchronises when you click on further links or then use the TOC. This sounds similar to something I have seen.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I found this description: Merged WebHelp and HTML5 Help , but it is based on webhelp and with that it is what we have right now.

Everything works fine in webhelp, but we are converting to HTML 5 Responsive Layout.

Meanwhile I got my Problem solved, I just published my child Projects to the wrong directory. I pulished then to the "\!SSL!\Responsive HTML5" Directory and everythng works fine.

Thanks!

If that's the solution, I'd like my problem back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes my topic is based on WebHelp but as it says, the method is the same for HTML5 help.

Certainly it works better if you generate to the correct folders.

You say you are only using the desktop layout but if the user changes the window size, the layout can change.

Glad it is now working for you.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp