• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing images from Markdown (.md) in Robohelp's latest version 2019, just updated today

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried multiple methods to do it, but I can't import images that are referenced in Markdown files if those images are on a local drive (ie. in the same folder as markdown file).

I'm using Visual Studio Code to preview the markdown and the images are showing up, but once i import them into Robohelp, they are broken links.

To be clear, with absolute path http-based URLs it works fine, but something like this DOESN'T work:

![alt text](./image1.jpg)
or
![alt text](image2.jpg)

What am i missing?
TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's such a new feature I'm not sure how many people are using it yet. I can also imagine a lot of scenarios might have been missed, or not developed yet.

If no one responds with anything helpful, you can raise issues here:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/search

Post back with the ticket number so others can vote on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ticket number: RH-6629

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, if you put them in some other location, do they come into the RH project fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried putting the images in multiple locations (ie. different drives, different paths; all are local locations, no local network drives).

This imports correctly and can be previewed in Robohelp:

(That said, it doesn't copy it to the local file structure and relies on the remote connection for image serving.)

This doesn't work and results in a broken image pointing to the path "assets/images/" where the image doesn't exist:
![alt text here](enwiki-2x.png)

Upon markdown import, it looks like Robohelp is setting the path to the image as "assets/images/" but it isn't copying the image to the location like it would with a Word Document import. While I can obviously copy the image there manually as a workaround, this gets to be highly time consuming with thousands of pages of documentation, most with images.

Some background: I'm trying to import a legacy word-doc based documentation project into Robohelp, but Robohelp can't bulk import word docs. (It appears you can import them as a folder, but then each file must be imported manually.) Upon converting Word Docs to Markdown (which can be bulk imported), the image pathing isn't working. Is there a better/alternate approach that should be taken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround:
If this is a one-off type of project (that is, once you've brought it all over into RH, you won't be doing it again) and if your Word docs are in .docx format, you could do a bulk copy of all the images in the docs (copy them as .zip and extract the image folder), then do your convert to .md, then import the md content into RH & your images will already be present.
You should probably report this to the RH folks by creating a bug report in the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. Hopefully the Adobe team fixes this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've logged a bug, post the link to it here & others can upvote it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ticket number: RH-6629

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We are able to reproduce this issue at our end. Local image files are not getting copied in assets>images folder which is the path set for image after import of markdown file. We will fix this. Thank you for your feedback. RH-6629 is the ticket number.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp