• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems when migrating from RH 2017

Contributor ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using RoboHelp 2017 and I've decided to migrate to RH 2019. Besides getting in shock with new interface I clicked Upgrade RoboHelp Classic Project thinking it would be just adapting my project to RH 2019.

However, when I tried to export to HTML5 my RH has collapsed. It has been freezing in "Patching topic" message for several minutes, so clicking on "Dismiss" was my only choice after 10 minutes waiting. Then it didn't generate my output in HTML5 and it even didn't give me an error message to understand why it happened.

I didn't change any setting on RH 2019, just opened my project and tried to export it to HTML5 format. So I closed RoboHelp and tried it again, but the same happened again and again... 

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance! 

CW_171.png

TOPICS
Classic , New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off - you tried this with a copy of your RH2017 project, right? You need to go this route - RH2017 to RH2019 Classic, then Classic to New UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold up Camila and Jeff.

@Jeff - There's another thread running where someone else is having a similar issue. I will add a link in a moment.

@Camila - First question has to be are you wanting to work with this new format right now or later. Both 2019 Classic, which is more what you are used to, and 2019 New UI are installed. You could use that until you have had time to familiarise yourself with the new UI.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this thread and the suggestions there. Please try the same steps.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/responsive-html5-won-t-finish-generating/m-p/10911738?page=1

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp