• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with <title> tags in Multiscreen HTML

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working with Robohelp 10 to generate Multiscreen HTML help, but I am having a problem with the <title> tags of the output. Whenever I generate my help using the "Multiscreen HTML5" SSL, all <title> tags in the output is set to the name of the project eg. "My Product Help", rather than the Topic title eg. "My Help Topic". All topics have titles, and these are located in the <title> tag of each topic. I can see in the Screen Layout file that this contains the following line: <title>Topic</title>, but in the end the output becomes <title>My Product Help</title> rather than <title>My Help Topic</title> which would be logical. This has an adverse effect on SEO because all pages end up with the same, not very descriptive, title - but I simply can't sort out how to make the output use the title tags from the actual topics. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  Does anyone know of a solution to this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the SSL settings, leave the Title bar field empty. When empty, the title will be populated with the topic title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH11, I have the Title Bar field in the Multiscreen HTML5 SSL settings set, and my output appends my topic title to this.

e.g. My Product - The First Topic

Not sure this helps, just putting forward my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I leave that field empty, the title tag just says "index."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp