• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project's bullet points on iPad/iPhone

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When viewing my published project from an iPad or iPhone, bullets appear like a section sign. Is there an easy way to correct this?

I'm using RoboHelp 2017, version 13.03.346. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also using the Responsive HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing it is something to do with the font you are using in your list. Try another editing the list and changing the bullet character. By section sign you mean something like this.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. Yes, that's the icon we see. I will try chnaging the font to see if that resolves the issue. Appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the font for the character, refreshed the cache on my iPhone, but I'm still seeing the section icon. Below is the style settings for the BulletNormal I use. Does anything stand out as incorrect?

.css.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change the actual bullet?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they appear OK on other devices I can't help you further, I'm not an Apple user. In the absence of anyone else answering, I suggest you try support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Please post the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all and generally said: The font you are using obviously needs to be available on the target device.

But for iOS and Safari, it's a little bit more complicated: Safari usually blocks access to locally installed fonts and replaces them with the fonts allowed in Safari. Custom fonts can only be loaded as web fonts.

However, "Georgia" is a system font on iOS 13 and above: https://developer.apple.com/fonts/system-fonts/

So, in theory, it should work with Georgia.

But: I noticed that this does not seem to work for all system fonts.

So, to be on the save side, you will need to load the font as a web font by importing it through your stylesheet:

@Font-face {
  font-family: georgia;
  src: url('https://www.yourdomain.com/path/georgia.woff2');
}

and then referenced, e.g.:

p {
  font-family: georgia;
}

The @Import should be at the very beginning of your CSS as the first statement.

Let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp