Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

project templates

Participant ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 11.

I make documents for multiple customers with highly proprietary content.

I specifically customize my RH projects, for example to use certain colors and CSS and no glossary, HTML output only etc.

But I must recustomize the RH project for each customer. I tried using the previous project as a "project template" for the new customer, but some files are left behind when I convert the project to output, and I must seek these files out by hand.

It is a messy and error prone process.

Can't I save my project as a template such that I can base a new project on it without it including the last customer name and files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

See if the article linked below offers any insight.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well,  the link provided is 12 years old, and while it does address the topic of RH templates, if you follow it you will change a RoboHelp template file extension and disable some current output types. Specifically the newer template designs including Multiscreen HTML5 and Responsive HTML5 go away when you follow the steps outlined in the link.

So, I would say that link is no longer valid. Sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, things likely changed. I'll take a look at things and hopefully have a video for you to follow.

I know I recently made this work for a class participant.

Thanks for the feedback! Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone please tell me what is the extension of Robohelp Template?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The template script never worked properly and is not even included in RoboHelp 2017.

If you want a template for future projects, the best way is to create a blank with the settings and CSS you want etc, then zip it. Each time you want to use it, extract a copy.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp