• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Properties pane in Robohelp 2019 is empty

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/format-content.html, I should be able to edit text fonts in the properties pane, but it is empty. I also do not see the Update Style icon. I am using Robohelp 2019. I do not see any way to edit text size, font, color, etc. I do have View - Property Panel turned on.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you click in some text and go to Properties > General you should see this. Hover over the first icon and you should see Update Style in bubble text.

image.png

Are you saying that the dropdowns shown below show empty? The font can take a few seconds to display but should work.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see in Properties when I click on text - the Properties is empty (Styles and Topic are also empty):

properties.PNG

When I first open RoboHelp (and sometimes when I open a file in the contents), I see this error: Application Error - The application has run into an error. Please save your unsaved changes and restart from menu: Help > Restart RoboHelp.

I don't know if this error is also affecting the properties, since I don't really know what is causing the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks as if the topic has your own CSS applied to it.

I want to suggest changing that but obviously you cannot via Properties as things are so first make a copy of the project.

Open a topic and click the second icon top right to view the topic in source view. You will see a line something like this but pointing to your CSS.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="assets/css/default.css" />

Change the path to point to the supplied default.css and save. Do the Properties then become available.

If not close the project and using File Explorer delete the files in the .rh folder of your project.

If still not joy, open one of the supplied sample projects and see what happens.

Let us know what happens.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this line in the source view:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="assets/css/default.css" type="text/css" />

I also see that I do have a default.css in the assets/css folder under the contents folder.

I tried deleting the .rh folder files also, but the properties pane is still empty.

I also opened a sample project and created a new project - both still had empty properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you don't have all the updates applied, the samples should work. This looks more like a bad installation. Try uninstalling and reinstalling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also make sure you install the latest patches. As of today it should be Update 11 (2019.0.11 under the Help menu). Each patch has fixed a heap of bugs, and while I can't remember the details, I'm sure some have related to the properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you. I will have to coordinate with my IT department to get it re-installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to post a follow-up to this thread. I did have Robohelp 2019 re-installed, but I am still seeing the same problems. The properties panel is completely empty even when I use the sample projects like EmployeeCare3.
Also, it still displays an error upon opening RH 2019 - Application Error - The application has run into an error. Please save your unsaved changes and restart from menu. 
That error pops up repeatedly - not sure if it is related to my empty properties or not.
Is there something specific or out of the ordinary that must be done when installing? Unfortunately I am not the one doing the installation, but if there are any suggestions, I can pass them along to my IT department. Any help appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure they install it as an Admin & apply all the patches that have come out since it was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp