Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish in RH 2015 not working in Responsive

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried this yet?

What worked  in RH 11 for the publish dialog box dos not work in RH2015.  I get a message "Failed to create directory blah"  although I know directory blah is there and doesn't need to be created

The user guide seems to skip over publishing in anything but WebHelp and FlashHelp unless I am reading it wrong

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I participated in the beta and never saw an issue with publishing, nor did I see it reported from other participants.

Questions:

Is this a totally new project or an upgraded one?

What is the folder path where you are attempting to publish?

If you open one of the sample projects, are you able to publish it?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I would be surprised too if this was missed in the beta testing

Here is what I have tried so far beyond the original experience described with RH2015, which was a project converted from RH11 to RH2015.

1. A new very simple RH2015 test project that contains none of our special ingredients - just the plainest of projects - won't publish, just hangs

2. Tried on old project in RH11 - publishes fine.

3. Converted same project to RH2015 - won't publish, just hangs

I will try one of the sample projects next...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think there is some issue with the installation of RoboHelp at your side. You can try re-installing it.

If problem persists then please send me these files namely

1. PDApp.log

2. amt3.log

3. oobelib.log

4. Adobe Robohelp 2015 log file

First three files can be located in at Appdata\local\temp

Last file can be located at ...\ProgramFiles(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers and select the most recent file for Adobe robohelp 2015...log.gz file

Send these files to me at sumahesh@adobe.com

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SurbhiM,

I suspect you are correct. I recall the download was not completey smooth.  I have uninstalled and tried to do the download over.

First issue: How do I download the program again?  I cannot find where to go to do that, so I have tried downloading the trial again

Second issue: Downloading and installing the trial gives me an error "Installer failed to initialize, Please download Adobe support Advisor..."  The link to get the Advisor is inactive

I recall that same error message when I first installed. I got past it and RH seemed to work, with the exception of publishing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David

Are you running the installer from the C drive or a network / external (e.g. USB drive)? If the latter, run the installer from the C drive.

Also did you uninstall the problem installation or just try running it again? Try uninstalling first and use something like Wise Program Uninstaller - Uninstall Software, Remove or Change Programs and Forced Uninstall for Fr...

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surbhim,

I have mailed the files you asked for.

I uninstalled RH 2015 completely, including the original install file, downloaded new install files and installed.

Same result, but one of the staff also running RH2015 is having no problem publishing, so I must be machine-specific. 

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David ,

From logs, we can see that Acrobat Distiller is not getting installed on your  machine.

Please send me Distiller12.txt  from %temp% folder of your  machine .

Also , from the logs we see that restart is pending so you  can try following scenario as well :

1.       Uninstall RH 2015.

2.       Restart the machine

3.       Install RH 2015.

But I am hoping that you have already tried it so please send me the distiller12.txt to see what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp