• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Published Logo Missing from Header RoboHelp 2019 (New UI)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I've just published my help site online (using HTML5 Responsible help with Azure Blue edited skin).

The logo shows up perfecly when generated (it's a .SVG file) but for some reason, no longer appears when published. It worked on Thursday last week, but is no longer there. 

I'm trying to figure out what I could have changed that would make the logo disappear.

I've checked the layout.css, changed the logo to another graphic and removed everything from the webserver and republished, but nothing is there.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar.

Thanks in advance.

Tracy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked that the image has been correctly uploaded to the server? It's about the only idea I have on this one, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr. 

Thnks for checking for me. Yes, I looked for the image on the server. I tried deleting everything and rebuilding on the server.

In the end, I had to rebuild the project from scratch last night (including all the solutions Peter and you gave) and publish again - logo appears perfectly. 

Totally flummoxed and 1.5 days wasted time, but the release is close, so glad I managed to sort it.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agghhhh. It's happened again.

I can see that the logo is there because if I hover over it, the "Home" tooltip appears, but for some reason, it's invisible.

I've run out of ideas now.

tracym11665964_0-1587641625833.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen if you use a PNG? That may not be OK long term but try it to see if the issue is the SVG type.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have spaces in the filename? That caused trouble with me.

The tooltip just shows that the HTML container that the image is in is working. Not that the image itself is actually shown.

See also

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/custom-logo-in-top-left-of-responsive-html5-skin-azure-doesn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks All.

It is really bizarre. I've tried .png, .jp and .gif. I've even tried a different logo. 

I've rebuilt the project again and it works fine, then when I've imported the topics, it stops working, but I'm not sure at exactly what point. I'm even wondering if it's random.

I originally had underscores in the filename, then renamed the file to logo.svg and it still didn't work.

It's so strange that I can view it on my PC, but when I publish the exact same set of files, it stops working.

Really appreciate you checking. If I find a solution, I'll be sure to post the answer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's definitely something in a topic. I've just removed all the topics and it works again.

I'm going to try and import one topic at a time and see if I can track down the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp