• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing Captivate 2019 working from home issues

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am working from home and connected by RSA token to my work drives.  I am trying to publish to computer a course for review.  I usually publish a zip to my desktop, but today I got this message and cant seem to publish to any of my work folders or to one drive or to my desktop.  Please help!  What am I doing wrong? 

1.1.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably you'll have to get your work IT help desk to help as it's likely something to do with how you connect.

Some ideas to look in to:

* If you're using a home computer, and waakama is your work user name, that folder probably doesn't exist on your home computer (you didn't log in to your home computer with that name, therefore the account and user folder don't exist and you wouldn't have rights to view them anyway). You might be able to change the output and publishing path in Robohelp to work around it while at home. Just remember to change it back when you get back to work. 

* If using a work laptop from home, perhaps your work maps your Documents and Desktop folders to a network drive. It will look local but isn't really and there may be some problem keeping them in sync. I'm having that problem myself, trying to access some non-RH files in these locations. This problem is definitely in the hands of your IT help desk.

(Side note: I usually keep my RH projects out of my User/Desktop/My Documents folders for both of the above reasons. )

Hopefully those ideas will get you and your helpdesk on track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to confirm - you mean RoboHelp not Captivate - right? Your title (right now) is reading "Publishing Captivate 2019 working from home issues".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp