• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing in RoboHelp 2019.05 fails to copy all files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a RoboHelp project that I've converted successfully to 2019.05 (the new UI) from a 2017 project. The project has 322 images that, in the new project structure, reside in the folder assets\images\images. When I attempt to publish the project to an IIS Web site using the File System option in the Publish Profile panel, it only copies the first 202 images to the Web server, leaving 102 images behind in the project source folder. This is repeatable; I can delete the entire folder in the Web site manually, or use Republish All option when publishing, and it always clears the target folder fully as expected but only copies the first 202 images from the source folder to the target folder. It looks like a bug to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Hi,

Let's take these issues one by one:

1. For SharePoint issue in which you are facing problem from a particular domain, we can have a quick call to understand and triage the issue correctly. Let me know when you are available.

2. We will be giving the option to remove a project from version control in upcoming RH 2019 update 6.

3. Videos upgrade will also be available in upcoming update. We are working on it.

4. Master page CSS used to work the same in RH classic i.e. if you apply Master page from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the broken links report?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes - there are no broken links shown in the report. The project previews okay - with all images where they should be; they only go AWOL on the Web server because they don't get copied by the new Publish component in Update 5. I have to manually copy the missing images to the Web server before the project HTML5 pages appear correctly in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you generate rather than publish, do you have the same problem or is it only when you publish.

Are the missing images all of one type, PNG for example.

I think 120 are left  behind or there is a further problem. 322 - 202 = 120.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All images are PNG and it appeared to be a problem only on publishing. The files are sequentially named image_002.png, image_003.png, image_004.png, etc, and vary between 1 KB and 1,000 KB in size. It appeared to copy them in order and get so far in and then stop. The images all look normal. There was no error message from RH. The file rhlog.txt on the target folder lists only the files that are copied.

I had given up on this and gone back to RH 2017 to get the job done, but I decided to re-visit RH 2019 update 5 again today because I would like to move to the new version.

The problem may be related to using SharePoint as a source repository and editing the project at two locations on different PCs. I'm getting a different result in testing today, so I need to do some more tests to work out what's happening. I'll re-post once these tests are complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was unable confirm, even with further testing, if the problem was caused by SharePoint source control and multiple editor PCs, but I suspect I was because I had trouble getting the SharePoint connection to work in one location (I added a comment to Re: RoboHelp 2019 and SharePoint Online connection profile ). The problem might also be related also to setting the output folder path in Preferences. At one site where I work, the default location in your profile ends up on a slower WAN share so I experimented with setting it in the preferences to use a local path and also on a removable SSD that I could take with me to other sites.

I couldn't find a way to remove source control from a project in RH 2019 once it was enabled to rule that out as being the cause. To work around that, I started to build a new project without source control being active by re-converting the original one from RH 2017 to RH 2019 again, but I had to give up in the end because I ran out of time.

It is a huge effort to convert to a project of any size from RH 2017 to RH 2019. In my case, I had about 100 videos embedded in various pages, but none of these came across properly in the conversion. They get added in RH 2019 as "Flash objects" that simply don't work. I had to go though each page and replace the HTML using the source code view with the simpler <video> tags that RH 2019 would itself normally use when you add a Video File using the new UI. I also had issues with header being physically copied from the Master Page into some individual pages but not others, so I ended up with double headers on some pages. I think this must be related to having a footer with a "Date Last Modified". In RH 2017, you could change the date for an individual page without affecting the other pages in the site. I'm not sure how this works in RH 2019 where it seems you can only use the Master Page globally (so both header and footer are repeated across the entire site). Finally, I also found that there was a fair bit of work needed to update the Azure_blue skin to match the 2017 project design, which had been customized sightly. I wasn't game to simply copy the skin from RH 2017 to RH 2019.

I think I'll have to stick with RH 2017 (or use RH 2019 Classic) for the foreseeable future until the new version becomes more mature and Adobe irons out some remaining problems with the new design. There are some nice features in RH 2019, but the simplification of the UI seems to remove some flexibility that we had with the classic design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Let's take these issues one by one:

1. For SharePoint issue in which you are facing problem from a particular domain, we can have a quick call to understand and triage the issue correctly. Let me know when you are available.

2. We will be giving the option to remove a project from version control in upcoming RH 2019 update 6.

3. Videos upgrade will also be available in upcoming update. We are working on it.

4. Master page CSS used to work the same in RH classic i.e. if you apply Master page from ssl then this master page get applied to all topics. Please explain a little more about this workflow.

5. We are working on skins. Import of skin will preserve the customization after importing in RH 2019. It will be part of update 6.

Also we can have a look at images issue while publishing over the call.

Thank you for your help and patience.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send Surbhi a Private Message to arrange a call. Don't publish your details here.

A master page is only applied globally if you set that in the preset. Otherwise the master page set for the topic in Properties applies. If that isn't working, then post what you do have set up as Surbhi has requested.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Surbhi.

Sorry for throwing a few mixed issues at you at the same time.

The failure to copy all images on publishing was a strange one. I have had trouble with USB devices holding projects on some PCs lately and so the problem could be related to that (hence the attempt to use source control). It seemed to copy them sequentially up to a repeatable point in the list and stop, but there were no errors reporting or in the logs. The Web site was missing them, but they were visible in the source folder. It was the same images each time I tried to publish.

1. The SharePoint workflow was an attempt to use SharePoint 365 instead of USB as a way of centralising the source when working projects at two sites; one site being my office and the other being my client’s office, which is a government-owned corporation that doesn’t allow contractors to connect non-government PC assets to its network. Connecting to SharePoint from RoboHelp 2019 works from my office and I can download, and sync projects, all as described in the documentation, but I’m still unable to connect from the client’s office. RoboHelp 2019 would prompt for my MS 365 login credentials, but it would go no further. No error message was displayed. I can connect to SharePoint using a Web browser from the government WAN (proving the site is not blocked). Ports 80 and 443 are open and the URLs you list are not black-listed as far as I can tell because I can use other applications such as OneNote and Outlook with my 365 account without a problem. Outbound traffic is of course via a forward proxy server, but I would assume that RoboHelp uses the proxy settings defined in IE? Fiddler doesn’t show any errors and its doesn’t show any traffic being blocked. I can get to the URLs that you listed in your message at https://forums.adobe.com/message/10948235#10948235. This issue isn’t a show-stopper though, as I’ve now returned to using a USB SSD to hold projects and dropped the idea of using SharePoint. I can open these USB projects from the government-owned PC or at my PC at my office and continue to work on them, as well as publish the sites to Web servers at either end (I use two Web servers for testing at my office and publish to two Web sites at the government site; one test and one production).

Are there any explicit proxy settings that can be made in RoboHelp?

2. Excellent news. I look forward to Update 6.

3. Videos work fine; the problem is only when converting a project to the new format. In RoboHelp 2017 / 2019 Classic, the videos were placed with the standard Insert Multimedia tool and appear in the HTML as:

they convert to RoboHelp 2019 as-is:

But these render as shown below, and they fail to play in the published output.

I needed to manually alter every page to use , as in:

Although this was a one-off edit, it was tedious when there are 60 pages to update and having to convert the project many times to overcome issues and for testing, so it would be nice if the source could be remapped somehow on upgrade to use the tags.

4. Again, the problem was only in the upgraded project. In all the tests carried over the past few weeks, I found that any page where the footer had been modified (e.g. to update the date that the page was modified) using the great option in RoboHelp 2017 that prompts if you want to update just that page, or the entire project, the published application would show two headers. The good news, though, is that I did another conversion just now so that I could take a screen capture to add to this Email, but I was unable to reproduce the problem. Maybe it’s just a problem at this end.

5. Excellent news – looking forward to Update 6.

Graham Keen

CADbase Pty Ltd

GPO Box 2897 Darwin NT 0801 Australia

T 61 8 8942 2221 E Graham.Keen@cadbase.com.au<mailto:Graham.Keen@cadbase.com.au>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the footer, I think that when you select "just the page" rather than "entire project" is when the header/footer code is duplicated in the topic. It's been a problem I've encountered in RH for many years, but haven't been able to lock down exactly when and why it happens.

I think my old workflow was to apply the master page to the topics, rather than using the setting in the SSL/Output definition. Then when I had the problem I'd select all the topics and reapply the master page to all of them. But as I said, it's been a while, so I can't remember exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just installed Update 6 and it looks like these and other problems have all been fixed.

1. The Header and Footer come across correctly in the 2017 conversion and I no longer see the double header/footer on some pages.
  2. I can no longer reproduce the failure to publish all content (images all get copied now).
  3. Videos convert correctly.

I'll need to do further testing on the SharePoint source control problem next week when I'm at the client site, although I suspect that was a security problem as the network and Internet access is tightly controlled at that location.

Congratulations to the development team for fixing so many things in Update 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp