• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing via RoboHelp 10 to WebHelp FTP address = "Failed, server name or address could not be resolved"

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting (failing) to publish my Help project to an assigned virtual directory: "publicaccessnow.com" with user id "taxhelp" and a verified password. I've attempted a few field variations based on some previous suggestions in this community thread, all with no success. I opened the Edit Destination window in RH 10 and completed the following fields: Descriptive Name = "publicaccessnow.com"  Connection Protocol = "FTP"  Host Name = "http://publicaccessnow.com"  Port = "21"  User ID = "taxhelp"  Password = [password]  Server Directory = "/taxhelp"  I also tried leaving the server directory blank and entering "2021" in the Port field. Anyone see any obvious mistakes? Thanks for your help! Chad from Thomson Reuters

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you configure the location as a file path rather than as an http address?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter Grainge, thank you for your assistance with my question. I apologize for the delayed reply as it has been a hectic end of the year. Turns out the permission settings were incorrectly created on the IT side of things and RH finally connects to upload published files to publicaccessnow.com as intended. My new problem is avoiding the 'time out' dilemma. Thanks again, Chad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I would sitll be banging on IT's door with a time out message.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp