• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about topics, books and TOCs

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question regarding topics, books and tocs. I have a project that somebody else created, and my task is to create a new topic and add it to the TOC. I have created the topic, but when I generate the CHM to see the project it does not appear in the TOC. I have already tried updating the TOC. What I guess (my guess) could be the problem is the "topic links", when I see the topic links of the other (old) topics they seem to have a link to the principal book, but mine the new one does not. Could you help me!??' thank you!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

It looks like you have a manual toc page, rather than using the CHM table of contents.

The toc.htm topic you can see in your Topic List is probably where you need to add your new topic.

If the table of contents was already populated when you inherited the project, I suspect the previous author was using it just to keep track of topics they had manually added to the toc.htm topic - adding the topic in the CHM table of contents as you have done marks the TOC column in the Topic List as 'Yes', wherea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to know what you are seeing without an image.

It should simply require you to drag the topic from the Topic List or Project Manager into the required location under any book.

If you want a topic to open when you click on a book, then after creating the book you right click on it and will be able to add it through the dialog that appears.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, and thank you for this helpful forum, this is my situation, I need to create the topic "Financial Entity List", and I need it to appear in the table of contents. As you can see in the attached picture I have the topic in the window and I can edit it, but when I generate the CHM it does not appear. I have seen that all the other topics that were created for the person who made the project, they seem to be linked to the main book, but mine the new one does not appear to be linked.

Hope you understand and can help me... thank you again

rvQUESTION.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have a manual toc page, rather than using the CHM table of contents.

The toc.htm topic you can see in your Topic List is probably where you need to add your new topic.

If the table of contents was already populated when you inherited the project, I suspect the previous author was using it just to keep track of topics they had manually added to the toc.htm topic - adding the topic in the CHM table of contents as you have done marks the TOC column in the Topic List as 'Yes', whereas adding it to the manual toc.htm doesn't. Hope that makes sense.

P.S. Just guessing that this is the setup from what I can see in the screenshot. It's pretty non-standard, so I hope I'm right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW if I could I would give you an award! I worked!!!!!

Thank you ! now i can deliver my project!!

You are such a master in RB

tnks tnks tnks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lol! Just fresh eyes being able to see the forest, to mix idioms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp