• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about FAQ

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this is the wrong forum but I am creating 30 odd FAQs for a company product. We are going to have a Help button/tab within the product that links to the FAQ, is this tool suitable for this ?thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp sounds like a perfect tool for creating these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Rick says, RoboHelp is a perfect tool for creating a help system but I note you say you are creating the FAQs, rather than will be, and that you have posted in the RoboHelp for Word forum. That is making me wonder if you are already creating Word documents, is that the case?

With RoboHelp you could produce all the FAQs in one help system and your developers could make their image point to that. Word would not be a good format for topics that users will access via the web as they would have to download the file, then they might retain an old version and some people will not download Word documents from the web.

Tell us some more about where the app will sit (user PC's or on the web), how frequently you will need to update and so on. Also how long and detailed are the FAQs?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys, I am only using word to write up the docs. I will transfer into the tool. Currently it is 30 FQAs with about 5 lines answers. This will expand as the product does, so we just wanted a tool to create a prompted style FAQ where within the WEB app the user can go out to a relevant FAQ (from our 30 odd list). The too would need to point the user to not the full list but the appropriate answer for query and then maybe another answer if that did not work etc..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the number of documents you are talking about currently you could fudge a different solution, albeit a bit of kludge, but as you will be expanding, then RoboHelp is a good solution.

Be aware that you will have much better results editing directly into RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Peter have you heard of helpndoc ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's like going into the local Italian and asking if the local French is any good!

I have and whilst it is a good app, I think RoboHelp is much better. But I would say that wouldn't I?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thread moved to RoboHelp HTML. RoboHelp for Word is a separate app and no longer available.

Word docs can be imported or linked in RoboHelp HTML.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp