• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about Merged Responsive HTML5 projects

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first question is about linking from the Master project to the child projects in Robohelp 2017:

I've merged 3 projects into 1 project. In the welcome page of the master project, I try to add links to the starting page of each project, but I don't get the link to work. I did Insert hyperlink > Link to and then selected File. I then get the message that an external link will be created, and indeed the link doesn't work. How can I create an internal link?

My second question is about filtering. Is there a way to exclude child projects from the search results?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First I'd like to clarify what you mean by I've merged 3 projects into 1 project.Have you created a proper merge by referencing the child projects in the TOC of the master? Unless you have, that is not a proper merge.

If you have, then if you have structured the hierarchy of the source projects correctly, you will get a warning but the link will work. What do I mean by "structured the hierarchy of the source projects correctly"? Take a look at the Merged Help pages on my site.

The only way you can exclude child projects from the search results would be to not use RoboHelp's own search and replace it with Zoomsearch. How is described on my site. See Zoomsearch in RoboHelp but it requires some messing about for responsive help. Users could exclude a child project if you set up Dynamic Filtering to do that.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp