• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions on displaying content from a topic on a book page and Project Manger vs. TOC

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clarification, I am adding a new book with content and it currently appears as shown below (example):

[Authors/Book]

-Overview of Authors' (topic)

-Author 1 (topic)

-Author 2 (topic)

I want the content of 'Overview of Authors' to appear on the Authors page and NOT appear as a seperate page.  How can I make this happen?  

Note: I do want the pages for Author 1 & 2 to remain as seperate pages.

One additional question: I created my books and topics in TOC, not Project Manager.  Is there a way I should/can link the new book & topics in project manager?  As it stands, they appear and function correctly in the output (just in TOC).  However, should these be simply duplicated in the Project Manager?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you mention "Project Manager" I'm going to assume you're using Robohelp Classic. Could you please post back with the full version number of the version you're using? 

The following information only applies to Classic versions of Robohelp, not RH2019 New UI or later.

Project Manager is approximately a representation of the files on your hard drive. I say approximately because it includes some "folders" that don't exist on your hard drive. It also depends a bit on whether you have the project manager pod in "Project files" view or "HTML Files (Topics)" view. 

Your file structure on your hard disk does not need to match how you structure your content in your table of contents. In fact, mine never does, simply because some of my topics will exist in multiple places in the table of contents, but only one place on my hard disk.

Regarding your table of content structure, what you are saying is you want it to look like this in the output, correct? And when you click on Authors, you see the content from "Overview of Authors"?

- Authors

-- Author 1

-- Author 2

What you need to do is link the book to the topic. Right-click on the Authors book and select Properties. Tick the "Book with link" checkbox and select your topic in the Book Destination section. You can use the Find Topic button to search. You will also need to remove the "Overview of Authors" topic from the TOC structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr, thank you so much for your response!  I am currently using Robohelp 2015, Version 12.0.2.384, apologies for excluding that in the previous post.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I was able to successfully link the topics correctly. Thanks again!

One final question, how do I remove the "Overview of Authors" from the TOC structure, but so the content is still there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just delete it from the Table of Contents. It won't remove the topic from the Project Manager pod.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp