• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Customized Selected Layout" on Parent Child projects

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a parent/child project currently in Webhelp with 1 Parent 30 Children (with more on the way). I just upgraded to RoboHelp 2015.  I want to compile the project for Responsive HTML5.  Will the "Customized Selected Layout" settings I choose in the Parent project be the default for all the Child projects?  If so, that would be great. If not, I suppose I am going to have to be sure to duplicate all the settings on each Child project, correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to defer to someone like Willam van Weelden‌ to say for certain. But generally speaking, my own experience with things like this is that whatever the attributes of the Master or Parent project are, determine the attributes presented from the child projects too. If perhaps a child project uses a different skin, that is overridden by the Master or Parent. That is, unless for some reason the child is opened on its own. Then you would see the child skin.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a while since I merged responsive help but I recall that it is different to webhelp and does change as you move from topics in one project to another. There's a simple merge demo on my site that you could use to test.

I will test this some time but cannot do so right now.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responsive help takes the skin from the master project (if you open the master project first). You don't need to duplicate per se. But it is safer to do so. Responsive HTML5 works the same as WebHelp.

Quick tip: cusomise the layout in the master project. Then export the layout. This will export the layout with all customisations. Simply import the skin into all child projects and you are good to go.

Note: This is only for RESPONSIVE HTML5. Multiscreen is a completely different story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Willam,

Thank you.  So far, so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp