• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been specified" in Robohelp 9 HTML

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I know this error has been around before, but I have not found any solution to fix my problem. I imported a Robohelp x5 project into Robo 9 HTML, and everything seemed to import fine. I compiled the project, and everything works except for when I try to go to a topic by clicking on its TOC link. I then get the "hh_get_win_type has not been specified" error, and if I click on the message, it'll eventually go away and then the topic will correctly open. (Any links in the main frame work properly with no error message.) Obviously I need to fix this before sending it out. The specific window it mentions is not used in the project settings any more, so I just can't delete it. Does anybody have a suggestion for this? Thanks, Mark.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Okay, one more thought. There is a space to specify the default window for the TOC and Index. I think under the Advanced Settings Edit button in the screenshot posted previously. See if Default Window in the tabs in that dialog box have the incorrect window selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the TOC entries are still using the old window definition? The instructions are for RH6 but I assume RH7 will be similar.

Right-click on a TOC entry and select Properties. Go to the Advanced tab. Does Window list the old window?

If so, the easiest way to fix would probably be to open the hhc file in a text editor and do a search and replace on the old window name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes in the output help file, the advanced properties lists the "default window" as "X" where X is the window name that is not used any more, and the one that is causing the error.

I searched the hhc file for this offending X name, and it's not there at all.

For the TOC properties for each entry in the Robohelp project, I can see that the window to be used is "default" , which of course is X, which becomes the error. I tried changing one of these from the "default" window to the actual window name I am using (which is listed there as well as the deafult) and then the error does not show for that particular entry in the output TOC. The rest of the TOC entries are still using the default though, and causing the error. I suppose I can manually change each one.... but I'd like to know a better and quicker way. It does not appear that I can do a multi-edit for the TOC window properties. Or can I ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another place this is set for the project is in the Single Source Layout. Is the Default Window field set to "Default" in that location also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something you mentioned in your original post is begging a question. You said you couldn't delete the window from the project despite it not being used anywhere. Is that because it won't let you, or some other reason. If it won't let you, there must still be a reference to it somewhere in your project. You could try deleting your projectnam.cpd file and reopening the project.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I cannot delete the old window name from the project is because I do not see the window listed in the Robohelp Project Manager. Only the new correct window name is listed. Perhaps I just need to associate this new window to be the default window. But so far I have not been able to see where that is done. I have of course specified that the project is to use the new window name in the output, but it still defaults to the old window name for the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you examine the Single Source Layout recipe for the CHM layout, click the drop-down and select your window.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks promising, thanks. I am on the road right now and don't have the project with me, but will try that on Monday, if the hurricane allows me to fly home Sunday.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rats, that did not work. I had already specified the default window to be the one I wanted, but the output project keeps looking for the old one, when I click on anything in the TOC. And then it gives the error.

I am going to just specify the new window name for every TOC entry, which will take some time, but it'll fix the problem I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2011 Aug 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, one more thought. There is a space to specify the default window for the TOC and Index. I think under the Advanced Settings Edit button in the screenshot posted previously. See if Default Window in the tabs in that dialog box have the incorrect window selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2011 Sep 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DING DING DING. This fixed the problem. Thank you very much !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp