• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Indexing Reference" Error

Enthusiast ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notes on my experience with the "Indexing Reference" error, and how it was ultimately resolved.

• Been using RH since pre-Macromedia; managed multiple upgrades over the years/versions.
  • Been using RH 2019 for approximately 1 year for 2 projects created in that version.
  • Kept up with updates; currently running RH 2019.0.14 New
  • Installed RH 2020, but holding off on upgrading/using to see what issues/bugs might be present.
  • Also maintaining/actively developing 13 legacy projects in RH 2017.
  • Started the upgrade for those legacy projects to RH 2019 (with the assumption we'll be going to RH 2020 once I've confirmed it's stable/supportable for OUR needs).
  • Part of my upgrade process/test involves test-generating/compiling Responsive HTML 5 output (our main/primary output type).
  • 12 of the 13  projects passed all my tests - successful upgrade and compile.
  • 1 of the 13 projects successfully upgraded, but did not compile. Got stuck on the dreaded "Indexing Reference" process/error.
  • Looked at everything related I've seen on here - broken links, image maps, TOCs, CSS, etc. Nothing I tried resolved the issue. 
  • SUCCESS! Upgraded a copy of the RH 2019 Classic version of the project in RH 2020. Upgrade was a success and compile/generate was a success. 

So now I get to begin the test-upgrade process for my other 12 RH 2019 projects. Oh joy.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I read through this my thinking was go for 2020 then I get to the end and that is what fixed it. 🙂

The upgrade from Classic has been improved in 2020 and I don't think you will encounter any issues upgrading from 2019 New UI to 2020.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp