• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This operation cannot be completed without FrameMaker" error when importing from RH

Participant ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Environment: TCS 2017 on Windows 7.

Hello,

I am trying to import some FM files into RoboHelp and I get the "This operation cannot be completed without FrameMaker" error. I searched the forums and, for the other people, the problem was a lack of TCS... but I do have TCS 2017 installed. I tried opening FrameMaker before RoboHelp and the same error appears.

My guess is that it's caused by the fact that I followed the incorrect steps when upgrading from TCS 2015 (I installed TCS 2017 on top on 2015 and then uninstalled TCS 2015). This workflow caused other errors as well, but I thought most of them were solved by another install of TCS 2017... but it seems not.

Anyway, I remember that, 4 or so years ago, a coworker had a problem with FM integration in RH and someone on the forums had provided a modified version of a certain file which solved the issue. Does anyone know the name of this file? The integration is working fine on another's coworker's PC and I am hoping I can copy her file and avoid a full reinstall of TCS 2017.

Edit: I found the topic (Not able link to framemaker files in robohelp 11 ) and copying the BaseApplication.dll file from my coworker did not solve this, so I am changing my question: Is there anything I can try except uninstalling TCS and reinstalling from scratch?

Thank you in advance!

Message was edited by: Ioana St

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Have you applied the update?

I believe that may fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the update?

I believe that may fix the problem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was that easy... and I had actually applied both updates (RH and FM) before leaving the office, I just didn't test if it actually worked!

Out of curiosity (and in case it happens to someone else in my office), do you have an idea if this is caused by the installation order or is it just a matter of the integration flat out not working without the updates? And if so, which update fixes it, the RH or FM one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's as simple as it won't work without updating but I don't know if it is

one or both.

However, in any work environment, it's best if everyone has the same updates.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested out of curiosity and RH update 1 fixes this (i.e. it works even without the FM update). I also notified the entire department to apply all updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Older versions of TCS had a "secret sauce" that allowed the 2 products to talk to each other - that's no longer required. This was just a bug in the release build of RH2017 that you ran into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp