• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random spaces throughout Robohelp 2019

Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new at using 2019 UI. I have random spaces throughout my copy. I notice in the html at the top of the page that <span> appears in the words that are spaced apart. I'm also finding that many of my bullet lists don't line up. This is happening everywhere. I find myself dealing with issues like this instead of actually getting my work done. How to I fix this? 

juliannam27523423_0-1612111320918.png

juliannam27523423_1-1612111387132.png

juliannam27523423_2-1612111467944.png

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

I'm wondering if you somehow have a span style configured with either margin or padding?

Look for a plain span entry without anything after it, and check the margin and padding values for it.

(Don't change the span.expandtext or span.glosstext entries, you just want to find a plain span, if it exists.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Look in your stylesheet under "Character Styles" for an entry that is just "span", then check in Layout for Margin or Padding values. 

Amebr_0-1612152073671.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Delete the 24 px from the field and then save the stylesheet and you should be fine.

The message about the alt text on images won't stop the images displaying - it's best practice, but not actually mandatory as far as I'm aware. I think it would be best to make a separate post for the image problems, to avoid confusion in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like the alignment is set to justified. Click in one paragraph and then look in Properties > General > Aligment. It may have been applied manually in which case click the Clear Formatting icon in Properties.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if you somehow have a span style configured with either margin or padding?

Look for a plain span entry without anything after it, and check the margin and padding values for it.

(Don't change the span.expandtext or span.glosstext entries, you just want to find a plain span, if it exists.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amber,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean by "look for a plain span entry"? Where do I look and how can I check the margins and padding? The image below is what I'm seeing.

juliannam27523423_0-1612148566808.png

Thanks,

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I went through the whole project and Cleared the Formatting and it looked like it worked. Then I saved and closed the project and opened it and it was back to where it was. I have no idea how this happened or why. Nothing had a justified alignment. I have to get this whole web help done by Thursday and I don't know how I'm going to make it. This problem is througout the whole project. I had none of these problems in the Classic view. I'm at my wits end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in your stylesheet under "Character Styles" for an entry that is just "span", then check in Layout for Margin or Padding values. 

Amebr_0-1612152073671.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr,

I found the span as you said. What do I do now? Do I get rid of it? Then Save? Do I have to go through the whole project and remove the margin?

juliannam27523423_1-1612181230987.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're stuck either send me the project or a new project with a few topics imported using the same CSS. If the content is confidential, change the text.

See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I'm looking at span and it looks like it has a left margin of 24. Could this be the problem? If so, what should I do?

I just found another problem. When looking at the code view I'm seeing:

juliannam27523423_0-1612182527063.png

This must be why a bunch of my images don't show up on my output. Do you know what I should do to fix this? I created a webhelp in the Classic view a couple of months ago and didn't have any of these problems. 

I will send the project to you if this can't be figured out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the 24 px from the field and then save the stylesheet and you should be fine.

The message about the alt text on images won't stop the images displaying - it's best practice, but not actually mandatory as far as I'm aware. I think it would be best to make a separate post for the image problems, to avoid confusion in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr,

Deleting the 24 px fixed the problem.

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I appreciate all your help. I deleted the margin in the span and my document is okay now. Please disregard the image question as I don't think I need to worry about the alt attribute. 

Thanks, 

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I saw Amber had fixed it. As she said, the Alt attribute is something you should do for accessibility reasons but it is not enforced and will have had no bearing on this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp