RE: Duplication issues in RH 2019 Frameless Output

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the original "Duplication issues in RH 2019 Frameless Output" post, I marked Peter Grainge's answer as correct.  I have some additional info to add.

1. Regarding the duplication of topic names listed in the "In This Topic" section, Peter determined that the duplication is occurring as a result of a heading style being applied to DropDown text.  He said Adobe plans to include a fix for this duplication in the next release.
  2. Our IT department told us we needed Windows Server 2016 for the server to properly display the frameless output.  They set up a new test server for us.  The new server resolved most of the issues I noted in the previous post.
  3. We did notice differences between how Chrome and IE display the content.  See image below:

rh_frameless_1.pngChrome appears to display the content well (duplication issue aside).  IE does not display the "In This Topic" region.  IE also appears to stretch some of the icons horizontally (almost as if forcing them to be "square").  The icons still work, but the "Print" icon in particular appears distorted, missing lines of pixels on the right and bottom edges.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RE: Duplication issues in RH 2019 Frameless Output

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the original "Duplication issues in RH 2019 Frameless Output" post, I marked Peter Grainge's answer as correct.  I have some additional info to add.

1. Regarding the duplication of topic names listed in the "In This Topic" section, Peter determined that the duplication is occurring as a result of a heading style being applied to DropDown text.  He said Adobe plans to include a fix for this duplication in the next release.
  2. Our IT department told us we needed Windows Server 2016 for the server to properly display the frameless output.  They set up a new test server for us.  The new server resolved most of the issues I noted in the previous post.
  3. We did notice differences between how Chrome and IE display the content.  See image below:

rh_frameless_1.pngChrome appears to display the content well (duplication issue aside).  IE does not display the "In This Topic" region.  IE also appears to stretch some of the icons horizontally (almost as if forcing them to be "square").  The icons still work, but the "Print" icon in particular appears distorted, missing lines of pixels on the right and bottom edges.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2019 0
Amebr LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure if IE is supported. There's conflicting information on Adobe's website.

This page suggests it's not supported:

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/robohelp/using/rh-faq.html

But this page says "any browser":

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/generate-frameless-output.html

If Peter doesn't chime in, you might need to go back to Adobe support to confirm.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2019 0