• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regarding file extension of the generated file in RH 2019

Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 2019 version. In the output generated, the file has .htm extension. For some reason, we need the extension of the file to be .HTML. Is it possible while generating the output? If yes, how? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By file, I mean the topic has extension of .htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename the topics to have the HTML extension. It seems to work in a simple test.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you suggesting to rename it manually? If so, we have more than 300 topics. Is there a way to do batch changes, including the links (used as a reference to another topic) inside the topics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try a bulk rename utility to rename the extensions and then a full-featured text editor (such as Notepad++) to find and replace the link extensions within the files. Such text editors have a "find in files" function that you could use to accomplish this. 

Since you need to do this on your output (and not your source project) there is no real risk to try this. If it breaks it, just create the output again. I think it should work for you though.

Good luck. 

Edit: to be clear, I'm suggesting doing this on the OUTPUT, not the source files of the RH project. If you do this to the RH project, I have no doubt it will probably break it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change the filename in RoboHelp, the links get updated automatically, again in a simple test.

I am not aware of any RoboHelp option to rename the file extension and if you use an external method it will not fix the links.

Enjoy your day. 🙂

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doing it that way means doing it every time you generate. If you backup before doing it the way I suggested, it's a one time job. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp