Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regarding localization using RoboHelp 11

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Currently I have a project created using RoboHelp version 11 in English. I want to add support for more languages. While I can get the translated text and copy and paste them by having English and new language files opened side by side, it will be a tedious task. Instead, is there something similar to string table support available in Visual Studio so that I can pass the string table to translator and get the translation done and incorporate it directly with minimal changes needed?

Regards,

Janardhanan.R.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is No. That is not the way translation works in RoboHelp. You'd have to copy / paste the text in and set the appropriate language. You can set this at various levels. More of that here:

Managing multiple language content in RoboHelp | RoboColum(n) ConsultingRoboColum(n) Consulting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking for something similar. I am using Robohelp 11 and I am looking for a way to add localization support to my RH projects. So, if anyone can tell me how to generate output in multiple languages in Robohelp, it would be great. I stuck on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want the hard way or the easier way? 🙂

The hard way is to stick with RoboHelp 11, which is now very dated, and follow this method. Translating RoboHelp Projects (grainge.org)

The easier way is to upgrade to RoboHelp 2020. Then translation options are built in. RH2020 Translations (grainge.org)

There is a wrinkle in that you will have to learn the completely new UI. At first you will feel lost at sea but after a very short while you will find it is a lot more intuitive than the Classic versions. RoboHelp 2020 is described here. RH2020 About Adobe RoboHelp (grainge.org)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but as of now I can't upgrade to Robohelp 2020

So, I would like to know about the hard way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all in the link I posted.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send the exact link where this information is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I went through the link. Now let's assume, I have translated two projects manually, and generated two separate outputs and Jar file. After that how will I show the output to the users, can I include any toggle button to switch between the two languages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's below in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a very technical person, if possible, can you please list down the steps here.

That would be a great help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but that is not practical. It's a long article so you need to print it and understand it. It's not a simple few steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm confused now. First you want the steps here, then you say you have read the page on my site.

There is no toggle. You have created two outputs in different languages. I think you need two links from somewhere, not the projects, so the user can open either language. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp