Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Related Topics Responsive Layout

Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am testing the use of Related Topics.  I'm using RH2017 with the Azure Layout.  I added two Related Topics for testing purposes, one with a pop-up menu and one with a Topics Found Dialog.

I was able to create and test in RH...everything worked as expected.  In fact, when I viewed the item, I even "viewed with" both Explorer and Chrome and it was fine.

HOWEVER, when I generated the document, the Related Topics do not work as expected, in either Explorer or Chrome.

Clicking on both the Related Topics links displays a rather ugly pop-up displaying the 2 related topics links I created.  Gone is the nicer looking pop-up menu and the Topics Found dialog box.  This happens in both IE10 and Chrome 64.

It's strange to me that I "viewed with" both IE and Chrome and it was okay, but turned ugly after I generated the file.

Any suggestions?

RoboHelp 2017, Responsive, Azure Blue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots before and after might help.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I get. Can anyone advise? Thanks

Local page

Live site...no pop up when i click the button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work when you test it locally? If not, does it work if you generate WebHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works locally and yes, it works with Webhelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you need to refresh all the files that are part of the output file set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does that entail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I'm aware, the preview in RH always displays the HTML Help (CHM) look and feel for whatever reason.

I've never been able to get the dialog box to work in multiscreen or responsive; it always converts to a popup. And super ugly.

I did manage to style it in a previous life, but I can't remember exactly what I had to do. It probably involved using the developer tools to find how the popup was coded and adding the appropriate css rules manually to my stylesheet (in a text editor - I don't think it was possible using the RH dialog box. Which also may mean you have to re-add it if you ever modify the stylesheet using the dialog box.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp