Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove a RoboHelp project from source control, without opening RH

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RH 11 and Visual Studio for source control.

I need to take an archived version of my RH project and open it for edits that do not go in the current project.

When I unzip my archive, it automatically links it to source control and downloads the latest version of the project.

It supplants the current project in source control, and even changes the path mapping in source control to match that of the archive project.

So what I need to be able to do is open my archive project without it interfacing with source control. Is there a file I can edit that links the project to source control? I can't even open the project in RH because it hijacks the source control mapping.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

It's quite easy to do this. See Rick's excellent post: October 2004 - Banishing the sorcery Don't forget to remove the CPD file though.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite easy to do this. See Rick's excellent post: October 2004 - Banishing the sorcery Don't forget to remove the CPD file though.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it!

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,   This link is dead.  I need to do the same thing-- is there any other way to find the steps to do so?

TY!   My project is RoboHelp 7 HTML, linked to Visual Source Safe.  I want to get rid of the hooks into VSS so I can upgrade and work with the project freely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A halo for you.   Thank you!  

-Suzanne G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp