• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove list of conditional build expressions - RoboHelp 11

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to remove the list of conditional build expressions that accumulate (Single Source Layouts > Right click item > Properties > Conditional Build Expression drop-down list). We often use tags then remove them so eventually those conditional build expressions are no longer needed. It would be best if these expression could be removed because I see them as a mistake waiting to happen.

After I select an expression, I click Define which opens the Define Conditional Build Tag Expression window. In the Advanced section, I click Clear then OK but the expression still remains in this drop-down. Is there a way to clear this list?

RemoveCBE.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were so close when you were on the Define Conditional Build Tag Expression window! You just need to select the expression in the drop-down and click the Delete icon. If I were to click the Delete icon on the screenshot below, it would delete my "Online_Internal" expression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing this in RoboHelp 11? Don't have it in front of me at the moment, but I was thinking this feature only emerged in 2015 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in 11 and no, I do not see a delete button. Perhaps that is only for 15?

However, a coworker told me about finding the project's .pss file, opening it in Word Pad, then deleting the conditional build expressions from there. This is not an intuitive solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's why it's now a feature of RoboHelp 2015 Release!

Glad you got it sorted.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ConditionalBuild.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - I jumped from version X5 to 2015, bypassing version 11.

It's interesting to me that when they rearranged the window, they removed the text "Untagged text is always included in the generated output" - from what I can find in the help text, it's still true, though now it has gone from "text" to "components"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...It's interesting to me that when they rearranged the window, they removed the text "Untagged text is always included in the generated output" - from what I can find in the help text, it's still true, though now it has gone from "text" to "components"...

That would likely be because you aren't limited to tagging only text. You can tag Images, Videos, Tables, Topics, TOC pages and lots of things.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right - I get that - I just wish they would have rephrased the text (instead of removing it entirely). It was a challenging aspect of CBTs when I was first delving into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp