Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove TOC for Landing Page Only?

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Does anyone know of a way to hide the TOC for the landing page only? I'd like to do this without having to create a master and child project.

Thank you in advance!

Joe C.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I gather, I'll create another .slp (HomePage.slp) in addition to Topic.slp, and then remove the TOC from layout HomePage.slp? I'm missing something here because I cannot apply a new .slp to a topic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted my earlier reply as I was thinking of search rather than the TOC.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, ok...thanks Peter. So there isn't a way to remove the TOC for a landing page (single topic) using Responsive HTML5 (Charcoal layout)?  What about minimizing on landing page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but beyond my CSS skills with HTML5 layouts.

I suspect it is possible to open the help to a single page and then go to a different layout. The Indigo layout does that in that it opens to a sort of TOC and then when you get to topics, you get their content and a more conventional TOC. Maybe studying how that is set up would give you the pointer you need.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp