• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing the Search functionality in the responsive HTML5 output?

Participant ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 2017, can I completely remove the Search functionality in the responsive HTML5 output? I cannot see a way of doing this in the GUI, but wondered if I have missed a setting. Perhaps someone could suggest another way to to this.

Another quite unusual question please: I have removed the TOC from the output, but the left-hand pane, in which it was displayed, is still shown in the output. Please could you advise how this pane could be hidden please?

Thanks very much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I find that if I open the Output Setup pod, then expand the Screen Layouts, then expand the layout I'm planning to use, I can double-click the file named Topic (Default) and it opens code in the editor pane.

From there, press Ctrl+F to open the Find dialog and type Search into the field.

The first thing my search found was an anchor tag that begins with <a class="fts". So select that complete tag all the way to the closing </a> tag and delete it. With this section gone, it appears to remove the search icon presented with the Glossary. Index, TOC, and Filter icons that may appear.

Now if you search again for Search, you end up finding a reference in the section named: <!-- Table of contents --> . As that reference seemed to suggest it may be fraught with issues sorting what to remove, I left it alone and performed another search of search. And I found this section: <!-- Search field -->

I simply selected everything inside this section and deleted it.

I did leave the Search Results section alone. My thought is that as long as we aren't able to search, no need to worry about dealing with the results.

One more section I found was to locate the section labeled: <!-- Extra search field for desktop -->

There was a div I removed with all inner divs inside it. Once it was gone, I saved and generated and I believe Search is now just gone.

I might suggest creating a completely new SSL and a fresh Layout before embarking on this journey. Do it for our friend Justin.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. This has fixed our problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See also Responsive HTML - Can you remove Search from the output layout? if you want to remove search from the Indigo layout.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp