Highlighted

Resolving HRESULT: 0x80131904 Errors

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2019 Classic with SharePoint for source control.  Everything was working fine on Friday, 4/12/2019, and has been since we upgraded to 2019 about five months ago.

This morning, when I first attempt to log into RoboHelp and click the Test Connection button, I now get the following message:

HResult1.png

My Internet is working.  If I navigate to the specified folder, I get the listing of RoboHelp project files.

If I return to RoboHelp with that folder open and click the Test Connection button, I now get the message that the test connection succeeded.
HResult2.png

If I try to proceed, however, even though I got the message that the test connection succeeded, I now get this message:

HResult3.png

… or this message:
HResult4.png

I have tried deleting the .cpd file for the project I was trying to access.  No change.

I tried opening a different RoboHelp project from SharePoint.  Same result as above.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Topics

Source control

Views

509

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Resolving HRESULT: 0x80131904 Errors

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2019 Classic with SharePoint for source control.  Everything was working fine on Friday, 4/12/2019, and has been since we upgraded to 2019 about five months ago.

This morning, when I first attempt to log into RoboHelp and click the Test Connection button, I now get the following message:

HResult1.png

My Internet is working.  If I navigate to the specified folder, I get the listing of RoboHelp project files.

If I return to RoboHelp with that folder open and click the Test Connection button, I now get the message that the test connection succeeded.
HResult2.png

If I try to proceed, however, even though I got the message that the test connection succeeded, I now get this message:

HResult3.png

… or this message:
HResult4.png

I have tried deleting the .cpd file for the project I was trying to access.  No change.

I tried opening a different RoboHelp project from SharePoint.  Same result as above.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Topics

Source control

Views

510

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with your IT folks to see what they changed over the weekend?

I know from personal experience that things are done that are SUPPOSED to be "transparent to the user". Only to later horrifically discover things weren't as "transparent" as they thought they were.

Cheers... Rick

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the lack of response mean you found the issue or are you still scratching your head?

If you found the issue, what was it? The answer to that may help others down the road.

Cheers... Rick

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, thanks for checking. I'm still scratching my head. I had the same thought you did in your first reply to this post. I sent a message to IT to see if anything changed before I started this discussion on the forum. No reply from IT. My supervisor is aware of the situation and said he would escalate. I sent a second message to IT yesterday when I started receiving Test Connection errors listing "Error: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error." Still no response from IT. Key personnel may be on vacation this week. I have continued working in multiple projects. I suspect I am going to have to start accessing the projects offline, continue tracking changes I make manually, and possibly need to remove the existing projects from source control and re-add my offline projects when whatever is not working now gets fixed.  I hope to hear something from IT by early next week. If I do, I will update this post if IT is able to resolve the situation. Again, thanks.

Tim

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...