Highlighted

Responsive HTML 5 Indigo layout

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Responsive HTML 5 Indigo layout and have a couple of questions:

1. Printing pages - there seems no way to print a page in the RH output. There's no print icon displayed. Am I missing something?

2. I'm using different icons for the links on the homepage, but there's no way I can see to use my different icons on the child pages.

Homepage

Child page

I want to use a different icon for each product on the child page. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks very much.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Grainge | Adobe Community Professional

Maybe you have an earlier version. Make sure you have all updates and then

select the layout again from the Gallery. You will need to give it a

slightly different name.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Responsive HTML 5 Indigo layout

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Responsive HTML 5 Indigo layout and have a couple of questions:

1. Printing pages - there seems no way to print a page in the RH output. There's no print icon displayed. Am I missing something?

2. I'm using different icons for the links on the homepage, but there's no way I can see to use my different icons on the child pages.

Homepage

Child page

I want to use a different icon for each product on the child page. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks very much.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter Grainge | Adobe Community Professional

slightly different name.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 12, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print icon only appears when a topic is displayed.

The editor only allows certain icons. Because the whole layout is HTML5 / CSS based, in theory you can do anything. In practise, you need a serious knowledge of both. It will be at web page developer level and even then, it would take them a lot of time to figure out how it has all been put together.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I suspected the answer regarding the icons was as you say. I'll try to work the code out, but I suspect the answer also lays in the Javascript.

Regarding the print icon, it doesn't appear at all, even when the topic is shown. Any idea why that would be?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2018 0
Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slightly different name.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Peter, I've now managed to get the printer icon to appear by creating a new Indigo screen layout and applying the styles, settings and images again. Bit of a headache but I've got there.

Now, however, the filter button doesn't appear on the main page even though 'var useFilter = true;' in the usersettings.js file. One step forward and another back it looks like.

One further annoyance is that if I update the usersettings.js file directly 'by hand' - to for example set 'var useCustomTOCLinks = true;' as that setting has been removed from the interface - but also for other settings too - the Layout Customisation screen doesn't reflect the changes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 0
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the Filter button in line with the Index and Glossary buttons.

I don't edit the js files except under instruction so I can't help you on that. I suggest creating a new project with just one or two dummy topics and see what works there. That will rule out anything else you have done being at the root of the problem.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 0