• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML ignores favicon setting

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Robohelp 11, and have set a favicon on the project using a Responsive HTML5 layout:

Favicon1.PNG

But when I generate the project the favicon is not added to the finished HTML-files so no icon is shown in the browser tabs:

Favicon2.PNG

If I add the same image to a WebHelp Pro project and generate, the favicon is added to the HTML-files.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might correct this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copy the favicon file to the web server manually, does it show correctly then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this unfortunately do not fix the problem. The file is already on the web server (I tested with a file that is already on the server). It seems that a link-line within the <head>-tag is not added to the index.htm-file.

This line (from the WebHelp Pro compile, or a corresponding line for Responsive HTML) seem to be missing from the index.htm-file:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="logo.png">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you manually add the missing code does it work then? If so, maybe there is a bug in the RoboHelp code that needs to be addressed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and yes. If I add this line manually to the index.htm-file:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="logo.png">

and makes shure the path goes to the image I want as a favicon, then this works.

Thanks. I will submit an inquiry to the Adobe helpline regarding this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seeing this problem. Has Adobe acknowledged it as a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the status of this is Assumed Answered. It seems that a bug still needs to be fixed. So this seems a mis-classification.Yes, we can insert code, but there's a Favicon entry box in the UI that does not work.

Enough grumbling. If I have a merged help system with a parent redirect, does the icon code string go in the parent redirect file or in the file that it redirects to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2016 Jun 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH 11, and when adding the icon via the Responsive HTML5 Settings (as per the original idea) works for me, but only for the root, 'index' topic. Basically, if I have created a 'book' with a TOC, and I browse to any topic except the 'first' topic, the favicon is not visible - it's only visible on that 'first' topic. Looking bug-like to me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old issue, but I'm on RH2019 now and I still have this exact issue.  The  <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.png"> line is missing from the responsive HTML5 layout's output.  If I create a new project, it's fine, and even if I just Generate and View Output it displays fine (but for the index.htm page only), but when I publish, it's broken.  Has anyone found a fix, or know of one yet?  I currently have a project that's THIS close to being done, but the Favicon isn't displaying, and it's pretty annoying... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. RH2019 with all updates, new favicon that just won't appear in output. Copied the new .ico file to the RH source folder, imported it into the project as a baggage file, picked it in the Responsive HTML 5 settings dialog, ...no favicon in output. Tried it with a completely new Responsive HTML 5 output, still nothing.  Closed RH, opened it, did all that again. Nada. Renamed the new file to favicon.ico, did all above again, but still no joy. As you say, *really* annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running the latest build of RH2019 (patch 10 I think right now - Jan 2020) & it's still not working, submit a bug using the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on - I totally missed that you said it worked in a new project - does the line appear throughout all the pages in a new project (not just on the index.htm page)? If so, then it's not a bug - it's something to do with your project,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've played with it a bit more and it seems that if I open it on the published location manually, in other words, nav to where it's published and open the index.htm file, it works 100s.  It's just when I'm browsing to it in my browser (browser doesn't matter) to where IIS hosts it, that's when it's not showing.

So it's not a RH issue, it's something on the host's side.  Will have to clear it up with IT.  Thanks and sorry for wasting everyone's time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really a waste of time. First anyone else with the issue finding this thread will have a bit of information about where the problem might be.

Also I can add it might come back after a while. I recall seeing that problem in your version. I can also add that using an old version, you might encounter other browser issues. At the time RoboHelp 11 was issued, browsers were changing rapidly causing various problems.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@juliea46810244 As I recall it could sometimes take a day or two to appear going back several versions of RoboHelp Classic. Did you see the response in this post in this thread. https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/responsive-html-ignores-favicon-setting/m-p/7927176#M110123

You haven't said which version of RoboHelp you are using, Classic or New UI. Either way both are supported so you could try Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. It appears that missing favicons is a widely reported Chrome bug, so probably not RH's fault (I can see the favicon in Firefox).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A view more notices here:

While PNG as a favicon format should work fine on most browsers, it not always does in all browsers and their specific versions. Still today, with a lot of people on old browsers like Internet Explorer, the most widely compatible format is still ico.

That said, PNG should be fine for most users. If you want to go for PNG you might want to add type="image/png" to make it as compatible as possible:

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="https://example.com/image.png" />

You might also want to consider to add additional icons in different sizes for platforms like iOS.

BTW, I recently found this website, and found it very useful to both check the existing favicon and also generate favicons:

https://realfavicongenerator.net/

Also, you might want to check the "Console" of your browser's "Inspector" (usually hit F11 to open it). If the favicon cannot be found, you will see it in the console. Also, sometimes small things might block it. E.g., if your help center runs on https but your favicon link is http, it might get blocked. I just recently ran into this limitation after hours of trying to find the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp