Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML5 Layout Indexes not fully merging

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am testing using the responsive html 5 output with merged files. I have worked out my issues with the table of contents but now I come to the index. Our real help has a lot of index keywords down to 3 levels, each child project has its own index. Some of the Index keywords are the same in more than one child project. This is where we have an issue in Responsive HTML5 help my test project looks like this:

html5Index.png

Each Test keyword goes to a different child project.

Here is the same project generated as a WebHelp project

WebHelpIndex.png

I have selected the single Test keyword and a pop up box appears to let me go to one of the child projects.

So the index is working in that in responsive html5 help you can click on each of the index entries and they take you to the associated topic. However it is not working as I expected becuase you get a separate entry for each topic in the Index rather than merging them together and then providing a popup (or some other method) of selecting which child project topic you want. So is there some way to make it do what I expected or is this standard HTML5 behaviour?

Thanks

Erika

Message was edited by: Rick Stone - Changed WinHelp to reflect WebHelp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but that is how it works in Responsive HTML5. It does show the target at the bottom of the screen when you hover over the link but that isn't really what we could expect a user to think about.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug in this thread and others can vote for it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp