• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML5 output: missing "next" and "back" buttons in on popups that were converted to flat hyperlinks

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a 30-day trial of Robohelp 2015 to test it out. I opened a projected created in Robohelp 10, let RH update it, and generated a responsive HTML5 output. While generating the output, I selected "Convert auto-sizing and custom-sized popups to hyperlinks" and "convert text-only popups to hyperlinks" in the optimization tab. Everything seems to work fine, except that in the popups converted to hyperlinks, the "next" and "back" buttons have disappeared. (those buttons are present in all the other topics) I also added bread crumbs by adding a placeholder on the master page of the project, and the breadcrumbs don't show up in these topics, either.

Does anyone know what might be happening and how to fix it? Thanks a million!

Dawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Hi Dawn

The next and back buttons are normally linked to a Browse Sequence. As these are popup topics, there is no way for them to be part of a Browse Sequence, so no buttons would be added.

If you really want the buttons there, you will need to manually clear the popup links, then create topics with the same content. Then ensure they are part of the Browse Sequence.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dawn

The next and back buttons are normally linked to a Browse Sequence. As these are popup topics, there is no way for them to be part of a Browse Sequence, so no buttons would be added.

If you really want the buttons there, you will need to manually clear the popup links, then create topics with the same content. Then ensure they are part of the Browse Sequence.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, Rick! That helps a lot!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp