• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML5 - Search Stripping Brackets () From Results

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I have this weird issue using the search on a compiled responsive HTML5 doc... I'm writing techincal docs for a programming language, which means I have lines of code on the page like:

sprite_get_texture(spr_Background, 0);

However, using the example above, if I do a seacrh for the function sprite_get:texture, the results have the () stripped from them so it looks like this:

sprite_get_texture spr_Background, 0 ;

Here are is an image that illustrates the issue better:

brackets_bug.png

You'll notice that it's stripping the brackets from ALL code in the page, not just the function that I'm searching.

I have NO idea why it's doing this, let alone how it can be fixed, so any help here would be appreciated! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Robohelp are you using? Please include the full version number:

• For Classic, go to File > Help and  look under the product information section.
  • For 2019 New UI, look under Help > About Robohelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thank you for the quick reply! The problenm actually seems to have been resolved... After posting I saw the announcement for Robohelp 2019.014 and so I updated my version to that, rebuilt the documentaiton, and now it all works as it should (actually better as it has also resolved another issue I was having with search ignoring certain pages). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome. I was going to suggest upgrading as I think there was a problem fixed in 2019 Update 9 or 10 but you might have been using RH2017 and it wouldn't have helped. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp