Responsive HTML5 when searching instead of returning names of topics, it returns names of html files which does not look too "nice" sometimes

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a project in RH 11, i.e. 11.0.4.291, and I generated a Responsive HTML5 output.

Inside the Responsive HTML5 output, when I search a word, I am given also the htm files names where that word is appearing, and not the topic names.

This does not look so "nice" as it would if the results would be just the topic names.

Is there a switch or setting that would enable my search to return only the topic name, w/o the htm file reference?

Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Amebr | Adobe Community Professional

Are you saying the topic name does not appear at all, or you get both the topic name and the file name?

If you get both, you should be able to edit the screen layout css file to update the class to display:none to hide it. For the theme I looked at it was span.wSearchURL, but use the developer tools to check for your theme.

If you are only getting the filename, then I'm not sure what to suggest. Hopefully someone else can help.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Responsive HTML5 when searching instead of returning names of topics, it returns names of html files which does not look too "nice" sometimes

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a project in RH 11, i.e. 11.0.4.291, and I generated a Responsive HTML5 output.

Inside the Responsive HTML5 output, when I search a word, I am given also the htm files names where that word is appearing, and not the topic names.

This does not look so "nice" as it would if the results would be just the topic names.

Is there a switch or setting that would enable my search to return only the topic name, w/o the htm file reference?

Thank you

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Amebr | Adobe Community Professional

Are you saying the topic name does not appear at all, or you get both the topic name and the file name?

If you get both, you should be able to edit the screen layout css file to update the class to display:none to hide it. For the theme I looked at it was span.wSearchURL, but use the developer tools to check for your theme.

If you are only getting the filename, then I'm not sure what to suggest. Hopefully someone else can help.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2016 0
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The issue is that besides the name of the topic, I get underneath it the htm file. I do not see any sense at all for that because I will not look for the htm file, as user I just want to see the text I am looking for, and its context.

28-10-2016 8-43-52 AM.png

You can see in the screenshot above what I get when I am looking for a word. The htm file name is of no use, or if there is any, would you please be so kind and tell me what that would be? Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried Amebr's suggestion & it works - changing that line in my main.css (I found it in the output folder's \template\layout_theme_name folder) causes the filename to drop out of the search results.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2016 0