• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML5 won't finish generating

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a small Responsive HTML5 Help system created in RH 2015 to RH 2019 (classic).

There were a few problems with the styles, but everything seemed to convert ok. However, when I try to generate, it never finishes, nor does it give me an error message. I've let it spin overnight and it never finishes. If I click View Log, I get nothing.

The progress dialog says it is patching topics, then stops naming the topics it is patching and just spins forever. I've looked at the last topic that it says it is patching, but I don't see anything in that topic except text and hyperlinks.

The broken links report shows a bunch of broken links to images in the main.css and jqueryui-custom.css files. Looks like images used in the skin.

In RH 2015, it works fine.

TOPICS
Classic , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many projects will upgrade direct but when there are issues, Adobe recommend trying an upgrade from 2015 to 2019 Classic first and then upgrading to 2019 New UI.

If that fails, was your skin customised outside of RoboHelp? Even if it wasn't try a new skin.

Post back when you have tried those ideas.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am upgrading to Classic, not the new UI. I tried changing the skin several times, but get the same result -- it just never finishes generating.

The skin that was chosen had been cusotmized, but from within Robohelp 2015. As with the other projects that I converted from RH 11, the RHStyleMapping.css file was converted to a zero bytes file and the .css used with this help system was not converted. I have tried copying the RHStyleMapping.css file into the new assets/css folder and also tried copied the .css that the conversion omitted. Generation still hung in the same place both times.

Not sure what to try next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't this tagged New UI?

If you are using Classic, the next thing I would try is generating one of the sample projects?

I assume you have applied the updates.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked for updates. There was a new one since I last checked. I installed it and tried again. I first tried generating the new RH2019 project. No luck. I then deleted the RH2019 project, converted the RH2015 project again, and tried to generate the result. No luck.

I then tried generating the Latte sample project and it generated successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so we now know the issue is with your project.

When you say you tried several skins, can I assume these were new skins selected from the gallery and not customised in any way?

Next try creating a new layout, not a duplicate, and seeing if that works. Apply the same settings as in Latte except for those that must obviously be different, path and so on. Does it generate OK with that layout?

Are the project and the output path on the same drive and is that local?

Post back when you have tried those suggestions.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My situation is similar, but different in some aspects.

I can generate my project in RoboHelp Classic 2019, it has worked perfectly in Responsive HTML5 output.

But when I upgrade my project to RoboHelp 2019 this option does not work because it never finishes, nor does it give me an error message. 

I have also noticed that when I choose Multiscreen HTML5 in the same new UI version it works perfectly and it is very fast. Something occurs related to this option Responsive HTML5 output.

I have not tried another output option, just those two but that's I've noticed so far. In RoboHelp 2019 Classic all outputs are OK. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Camila

The New UI version does not support multiscreen. You may have a preset labelled multiscreen as it was before the upgrade but I think you will find it is not generating multiscreen.

Have you tried the other suggestions made to BlackAnkle?

Can you share the 2019 Classic project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I would like to see this for myself and try to identify the cause.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new responsive preset (not a duplicate). I was seeing the same problem but a new preset has worked.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter!

Creating a new responsive preset has worked. Any idea why does it happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a lot that gets upgraded and there's always scope for some detail getting missed thereby corrupting something, such as the presets. Glad it's working now.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@blackankle2. Let us know if the same solution works for you.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry, I got pulled off onto other things. Creating a new output type did work. I have the project generating and it looks good, but there is one remaining issue. If I choose Output Presets > (New output type) > Content > Map Files, choose the map file I want, and then generate, the generation fails.  The message says:

Failed to generate WI Responsive HTML5.

Once I uncheck that map file, making sure none or checked, the generation works fine.

If I choose Output > Map Files > (file), the contents of the map file looks fine.

Any ideas?

And yes, I can send you the project if you want it. It's a pretty small Help file.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a little testing.

It seems if there are unassigned ids in the alias file, the output fails to generate (or at least I got bored waiting, and killed RH). 

(Adding an unassigned ID is tricky in the New UI. You have to assign it to a topic to add it to the file, then click the little x to unassign it. )

I'm also concerned because I can't find the .h file which you would typically get from the developers, or would need to give to the developers if you create the mapping yourself. I can only find a .ali file which isn't in the correct format for a .h file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Right click the map file and click the Export option. The dialog that opens enables you to save a .h file wherever you want.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information about export, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp