Highlighted

Responsive HTML5 won't finish generating

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a small Responsive HTML5 Help system created in RH 2015 to RH 2019 (classic).

There were a few problems with the styles, but everything seemed to convert ok. However, when I try to generate, it never finishes, nor does it give me an error message. I've let it spin overnight and it never finishes. If I click View Log, I get nothing.

The progress dialog says it is patching topics, then stops naming the topics it is patching and just spins forever. I've looked at the last topic that it says it is patching, but I don't see anything in that topic except text and hyperlinks.

The broken links report shows a bunch of broken links to images in the main.css and jqueryui-custom.css files. Looks like images used in the skin.

In RH 2015, it works fine.

TOPICS
Classic, Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Responsive HTML5 won't finish generating

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a small Responsive HTML5 Help system created in RH 2015 to RH 2019 (classic).

There were a few problems with the styles, but everything seemed to convert ok. However, when I try to generate, it never finishes, nor does it give me an error message. I've let it spin overnight and it never finishes. If I click View Log, I get nothing.

The progress dialog says it is patching topics, then stops naming the topics it is patching and just spins forever. I've looked at the last topic that it says it is patching, but I don't see anything in that topic except text and hyperlinks.

The broken links report shows a bunch of broken links to images in the main.css and jqueryui-custom.css files. Looks like images used in the skin.

In RH 2015, it works fine.

TOPICS
Classic, Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 08, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many projects will upgrade direct but when there are issues, Adobe recommend trying an upgrade from 2015 to 2019 Classic first and then upgrading to 2019 New UI.

If that fails, was your skin customised outside of RoboHelp? Even if it wasn't try a new skin.

Post back when you have tried those ideas.

www.grainge.org

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am upgrading to Classic, not the new UI. I tried changing the skin several times, but get the same result -- it just never finishes generating.

The skin that was chosen had been cusotmized, but from within Robohelp 2015. As with the other projects that I converted from RH 11, the RHStyleMapping.css file was converted to a zero bytes file and the .css used with this help system was not converted. I have tried copying the RHStyleMapping.css file into the new assets/css folder and also tried copied the .css that the conversion omitted. Generation still hung in the same place both times.

Not sure what to try next.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020 0
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't this tagged New UI?

If you are using Classic, the next thing I would try is generating one of the sample projects?

I assume you have applied the updates.

www.grainge.org

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked for updates. There was a new one since I last checked. I installed it and tried again. I first tried generating the new RH2019 project. No luck. I then deleted the RH2019 project, converted the RH2015 project again, and tried to generate the result. No luck.

I then tried generating the Latte sample project and it generated successfully.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2020 0
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so we now know the issue is with your project.

When you say you tried several skins, can I assume these were new skins selected from the gallery and not customised in any way?

Next try creating a new layout, not a duplicate, and seeing if that works. Apply the same settings as in Latte except for those that must obviously be different, path and so on. Does it generate OK with that layout?

Are the project and the output path on the same drive and is that local?

Post back when you have tried those suggestions.

www.grainge.org

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2020 0