Responsive Layout: Tables don't resize

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that tables don't resize when you view topics on a tablet or smart phone.

I'm wondering...

1. Is this a bug that can/will be fixed

2. Is there a setting I've missed that makes the tables resizable, or

3. Are tables incapable of resizing?

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tables can resize depending on whether you have table and/or column widths defined and the unit used to define any widths. (Tip: Only use % to specify widths.)

However, there is a certain minimum size based on the content/number of columns. So they won't resize past a certain point which will be somewhat different for each table.

For general information about styling tables and responsive tables:

https://css-tricks.com/responsive-data-table-roundup/
https://css-tricks.com/complete-guide-table-element/

Getting any of these working in Robohelp is a different kettle of fish, which I can't help you with I'm afraid. But hopefully the information is helpful.

Amber

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2016 Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this too, and resolved it by not defining any table width (% or otherwise) in the HTML.

Note however, that there's another issue I'm having with tables, where they won't resize if they have any images in them i.e. the images themselves aren't resizing, and hence it looks like the tables aren't resizing either.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation