Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive Merged TOC problem and other issues in FireFox

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using RH2015 and have a merged responsive help project. I have updated topics and created a new merged project within it.

I have built and published the project locally and it works correctly in IE, Edge, and FF.

Ship the output to the dev team who plumb it in and when accessed via the application it works correctly in IE,  MS Edge but in FF it is not showing the updated topics and not displaying the TOC correctly.

For example, i added a new field 'Menu' to this topic and it displays correctly when called from the application using IE and Edge.

cfx008.png

When i access the help with FF version 53.0.3 the field is not being displayed.

cfx008 ff.png

The TOC is also not displaying correctly. The new merged module Purchase Invoice Management should be displayed beneath Xcel Uploader as per......

pim 2.png

But when viewed via the application in FF it is not?

PIM ff.png

In another part of the TOC there should be a PIM folder. This is shown correctly in IE and Edge as per......

pim 3.png

but is not displayed using FF as per below?

pim 4 ff.png

Any ideas?  Ive re booted my machine and this makes no difference. The odd thing is that it only behaves like this when called from the application. Locally on my machine all browsers work and display content correctly.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - I have noticed that if i navigate to the updated topic such as the one with the new 'Menu' field using FF and the new field is not listed, if i click the refresh button within the help it appears. ?

The new topics that are not displayed in the TOC can be accessed via using the Index or search options but are still not shown in the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to try is ask the developers to delete everything from the help folder and unzip again. Also can they access the help from a different machine?

Your second post seems like a caching issue.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes they have removed everything and re applied it several times and even tried restarting forms etc and still the issue persists.

Agree it does sound like a caching issue, and to be honest another tester can today see the new PIM module in the TOC using FF but i still cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After no further action for the Dev team, users can now see the help correctly in FF.

After yet another restart of my machine today i can now see the help display correctly in FF.

Must have been a caching issue as Peter suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp