• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retain expanding text that was changed locally before upgrading to RoboHelp 2015?

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2016 Sep 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched the forum and read all posts about expanding text but cannot find the answer to this issue.

In RoboHelp X5.02, our project of 3300 topics uses expanding text in body paragraphs, DHTML drop-downs, and other styles. The expanding text was created by dragging a glossary term to a selected phrase or word and then changing the glossary definition expanding text. When I open the X5.02 project in RoboHelp 2015 and upgrade it, those expanding text hotspots will not open because there is no matching glossary term. Otherwise, the project upgraded and I generated FlashHelp and WebHelp output successfully.

Is there any change I can make in the X5.02 project that allows retaining this changed expanding text?

Much appreciation for any help with this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Rick, thanks for your suggestion about contacting William.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you applied all the available RH2015 patches (there’s been a few); did you run that DHTML fix-it tool after upgrading such an old project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What Jeff is referring to here is not a separate utility you need to go hunting for. It's built into RoboHelp.

You need to click the Tools tab in the ribbon and choose Update DHTML.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just seeing your reply, Rick. I did run that but to no avail. Is there anything I can do in RH X5.02 other than manually fixing each occurrence of expanding text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Okay, my apologies as I am guilty of not reading the full thread before advising on the location of the tool that was mentioned.

I notice you said:

When I open the X5.02 project in RoboHelp 2015 and upgrade it, those expanding text hotspots will not open because there is no matching glossary term.

The question I would have at this point is to ask if the terms existed in the X5 project? I'm assuming they did, but I'm not sure. Assuming they did, it might seem that for some reason the glossary isn't present once it gets into 2015 Release?

Perhaps the answer is to get the glossary file properly migrated.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all the patches & updates have been installed. The Version is 12.0.0.306. Is the DHTML fix-it tool the 'Update DHTML Scripts' in the Tools tab? I ran that but it didn't fix the problem. Is there another fix-it tool I'm not seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, there are no glossary terms for the locally changed expanding text in the X5 project. We used a glossary term only as a shortcut to creating DHTML expanding text in topics then revised the expanding text. Easily used but not so great now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, you might want to contact Willam via his site https://www.wvanweelden.eu/ and see if you could contract with him to create a script that would traverse your project and backfill the glossary.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick, thanks for your suggestion about contacting William.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp