• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retiring or Archiving articles in RoboHelp 11

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you "retire" or archive an article from the project in RoboHelp 11?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not sure I totally follow or understand what you are asking, but I'm going to assume you mean that you have a topic that no longer should be part of the help system, but for whatever reason, you don't wish to actually delete it?

In that case, if I had that need I think I would create a folder in the operating system to store all "retired" topics. Then copy the file from the RoboHelp folder to the new "retired" folder. Then delete the topic from RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea!  Thanks Rick!

Sincerely,

Kaye Hook  |  Training Coordinator

American Home Shield

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you wish to keep the 'retired' content in your project you could create a tag for any 'retired' articles then apply the tag to the relevant content. Just ensure that the tag is set to be excluded when you publish the project.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chris.

Sincerely,

American Home Shield

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can keep all the topics to be retired in one folder in RoboHelp project itself and then apply the Conditional build tag to whole folder and exclude the tag while publishing.

So this way, all your retired topics will be in one place inside the RoboHelp project itself and you can reuse them by just a simple operation of removing tag whenever you want.

Thanks,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to note about Surbhi's post is that you cannot just create the folder and flag it with the tag. Any time you add new files to the folder, you will have to tag it again. When you apply the tag to a folder, it's a one time shot to tell RoboHelp to apply the tag to all topics inside. But if a new topic is copied to the folder, it is not tagged.

Sometimes folks have the mistaken impression that tagging a folder is all that is needed and by virtue of tagging the folder, anything copied to it is tagged as well.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.  I do not know how to “tag.”  So I just create a new topic, “retired articles,” move the one I want out to this folder and tag it?

Sincerely,

American Home Shield

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you have created a folder and moved the topics in it, for applying tag:

Go to View> Pods> Conditional Build tags

Now you can create a tag with any name of your choice from this pod's toolbar.

After creation, drag drop the tag to the topic/folder in project manager or right-click the topic/folder in project manager and go to apply conditional build tag and select the tag.

Note: If you move any topic after applying the tag to the folder then you will have to apply the tag to that topic/folder again as it is applied to the topics present in the folder at the time of applying.

Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This information was very helpful.  Also, you have to define the tag to "exclude from output" when saving and generating. Anything you tag with this tag will not be viewable after you publish.

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone send me an email so I can send a picture and ask another question, not online?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, sure.

You can email your query to sumahesh@adobe.com

If it is a query you think might help other users also then please post it here on forum itself so that maximum people can make use of it.

Thanks,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Surbhi.  I will try this.

Sincerely,

American Home Shield

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp