• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 10, html5 (android tablet and dt): side panel search results

Participant ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am providing non-web content for users and preferred the frames page formerly used for output. New output formats are fine but my search results appear in the main content area instead of the left navigation panel. This make for an awkward user experience as you must keep hitting the back button to see the search results again for every instance found of the search item.

Can't I get my search results to appear on the left panel where the TOC appears like it used to?

TYIA!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming WebHelp is out of the question?

Welcome to the wonderful, whacky world of HTML 5 I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For RoboHelp 10, you *could* create a custom HTML5 layout that has this behaviour. But that is a lot of effort.

If you use RoboHel 2015, you can choose to show search results in the sidebar or on the content. If you give the trial a go, that may help you decide whether it's worth the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webhelp stopped working on html5 browsers. I assume bc of framesets. We were forced to move along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old 7-year post but still open so I will add to it if someone will apply. We too used/like the search results in the left (Contents) pane in RH9. Now that we are using 2020 frameless Skin (Studio modified), I find there's no way to do this again. I only see Contents (and Index | Glossary that we don't use). Is there any way to do this without knowing coding as I'm not a developer? Having the drop-down makes you have to select the search icon again to see the results. TIA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to say reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it would need some heavyweight coding and even then I wouldn't like to say it can be done for sure.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp