• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 11 cmd line: Error: Failed to scan all the project files. Unexpected Error: Failed to prepare single source

Explorer ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running RH 11 (installed in Program Files x86) on a Win 7 (64 bit) machine.  I have just created a brand new project with a lot of folders/subfolders and only one Welcome topic.  This project compiles just fine using the RoboHelp GUI.  However, when I run RHCL from the command prompt, it refuses to run.

Here are the details of the command and results:

from c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\RoboHTML

c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 11\RoboHTML>rhcl "c:\knowledgecenter\knowledgecenter.xpj" -l "WebHelp"

Adobe (R) RoboHelp Project Command Line Compiler version 11.0.4.291

Copyright (C) 2006-2007, Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors. All rights reserved.

Project: c:\knowledgecenter\knowledgecenter.xpj

Layout: WebHelp.

Output: !SSL!\WebHelp\Index.htm

Scanning project for compilation....

Error: Failed to scan all the project files.  Please use RoboHelp to recover the project.

Unexpected Error: Failed to prepare single source data for RHCL. Please try to compile it in RoboHtml.

I tried deleting the cpd and starting the project from the hhp file - did not make a difference.

Help!!

thanks in advance,

Claudia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Thank you.  What I discovered yesterday was that after checking out the project from SVN to my local machine to test the command line build process, somehow some of the FPJs were missing!  Because the folders that contained the missing FPJs were empty, I guess the RH GUI could ignore them and  successfully compile.  Turns out, I somehow missed checking all of the FPJs into source control.  Once I got all of the FPJs checked in, when I refreshed from SVN to local, the command line build worked fi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot help you directly but there is an article on my site about Command Line Generation written by Bill Albing. Maybe something there will help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  What I discovered yesterday was that after checking out the project from SVN to my local machine to test the command line build process, somehow some of the FPJs were missing!  Because the folders that contained the missing FPJs were empty, I guess the RH GUI could ignore them and  successfully compile.  Turns out, I somehow missed checking all of the FPJs into source control.  Once I got all of the FPJs checked in, when I refreshed from SVN to local, the command line build worked fine.

regards,

Claudia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp